COVID-19 POLICIES & PROCEDURES
We are so pleased that we get to see you and your pooch again!
Even though we have been given the green light to re-open, we are not back to business as normal. We ask that you please take the time to read this entire document so we can have the most efficient and safest appointment possible.
1. Upon arrival for you appointment, please look through the window to ensure that there are no other clients or dogs waiting in the lobby. We want to only have one person in the front of the shop at a time. Please have only ONE person from your household drop off and pick up your dog.
2. At this time we will only be accepting credit, debit or exact cash as methods of payments - we will not have change on hand.
3. We will be sanitizing our door, debit machine and countertop between each client. We ask that you allow us to open the gate to bring your dog in and out and only touch what is only absolutely necessary.
4. Appointment times are absolutely critical. Your dogs must be dropped off and picked up promptly. Please arrive no more than 5 minutes early for your appointment. When your dogs groom is almost completed we will call you with a pick up time. Please do not arrive before you are called. We must allow for the time between dogs to be used to clean and sanitize. Dogs that are left 15 minutes or more past their pick time will be charged a sitting fee ($10 for every 15 minutes past pick up time).
5. We know that our clients want their dogs groomed as quick as possible, and that they may have called around to other groomers to see if they can get in sooner. If a client has made an appointment with ShamPooch and no shows, that client will not be allowed to return until the “No Show Fee” has been paid in full. We have a very long list of clients waiting to get in. Please give us the courtesy of calling and cancelling your appointment so we can book in someone else and not loose money from our paycheque.
6. Some of our furry friends have gone an exceptionally long time between grooms. This may mean that their coat has more matting than normal. ShamPooches policy has always been “Humanity Before Vanity”. We will not be trying to save any coats that are badly matted. It is up to the groomer to determine the condition of the coat and what can be done. Of course the owners opinion will be taken into consideration but ultimately we will do what is best for your dog which may include a “Start Over Shave”. Please remember, its just hair and it will grow back!
7. All dogs must wear a proper fitting collar or harness with a leash. Please NO flexi or retractable leashes! Collars and leashes will be sprayed with a disinfectant after it has been removed from your dog.
Thank you for taking to time to read and follow all instructions! We look forward to seeing you again!